Menu
SEARCH
Random pictures
Architecture of Shahcheragh
rss
The building of the Holy Shrine
The first building of the holy shrine is attributed to the reign of Ezadoldowle Deilami(317-338 L.Y.),nicknamed as roknoldowle. The firt building was repaired, and new ones were added during the reign of Ataba
The Holy Courtyard
Previously each holy shrine of Ahmadi and Mohammadi had an independent courtyard which had been connected through Beinolharamein Bazaar. After purchasing and demolishing the places of Beinolharamein Bazaar f
The Dome
The first dome of the holy shrine was built by the order of Amir Mogharodin Masud ebn-e Badroldin,the atabak minister in 1226 A.D.  the dome was basically rebuilt by Queen Tashi Khatoon(king Abu eshagh`s mothe
The Sepulture
A sepulture is built in the reign of Fathali Shah Qajar. It is 3.25 meters in length and 1.75 meters in width. It is covered with silver and some poems in Persian and Arabic are carved around it. Afterwards
The Doors
The top part of the entrance to the courtyard Now the holy court yard has 6 entrances. Two large entrances in west side (south- west is Baboreza and North- west is Musa abne Jafar) offer a view of former Ah
The Minarets
The top of Minarets The holy shrine has 2 of them in south and north of the porch. Their building are from reinforced concrete. The building of the top the minarets in west side is designed and performed in
The Porches
History The porch is located in the east of the holy shrine. The construction of the ancient courtyard was before the porch. The first porch was built during the Alaedole Qajar era. The modern structure