The first building of the holy shrine is attributed to the reign of Ezadoldowle Deilami(317-338 L.Y.),nicknamed as roknoldowle. The firt building was repaired, and new ones were added during the reign of Atabakan by the order of Amir Mogharabodin Masud Badrodin, the minister of Atabak Aboubakr Sa'd Zangi(623-659).In 912L.Y.,Shah Ismail Safavi repaired the Holy Shrine.Then,in 1141L.Y. Nader Shah Afshar repaired the shrine. Different matters were stated for the motive of this action. One of them is this:"Nader Shah made a vow before releasing Shiraz from sovereignty of Afghans.He would repair Shahcheragh's building if he won Afghans.So after victory he dedicated 1500 tomans(current money of that time)for repairing and 3/6 kilograms pure gold for constructing the latticed lampshade in order to be above the Holy tomb.
Although some parts of the building of the holy shrine were destroyed in the earthquakes in Shiraz, especially in 997 and 1239L.Y.,the holy shrine was built by the attendants of the holy shrine and other people in the reign of Hossein Ali Mirza,the ruler of Fars(1239L.Y) and Fath Ali Shah Qajar(1243L.Y.).Setting mirrors on the ceiling and walls of the holy shrine had been finished by master Zeinolabedin in 1305L.Y.
The current structure
Due to the affection of the loving friends of the household of the prophet of Islam, the Holy Shrine of Shahcheragh was rebuilt, developed, and accomplished in different eras. After the victory of the glorious Islamic Revolution a large construction operation in the Holy Shrines of Ahmadi and Mohammadi,including the construction and completion of the large upper saloon, and setting mirrors on the ceiling and the walls of the old parts of the shrine ,began. A large marble pulpit was also set in the southern part of the saloon.