One of the praiseworthy and pleasant beliefs of people in this region, rooted in the Islamic culture, is the tradition of donation. Based on this tradition, Shahecheragh's shrine museum has preserved this pleasant tradition and accepts donations from percipient people that visit the holy shrine.
The establishment of the museum of the holy shrine goes back to 1956. It is located in the southern part of the courtyard. The first phase of the developmental project was put on the agenda in 2009 and constructed a new structure on two floors.
The museum of the holy shrine contains a considerable collection of manuscripts, illuminated Qurans, coins, metal objects, crockery, porcelains, glassworks, precious fabrics, visual arts, inlaid relics and other precious objects.
There are more than 8000 historical and cultural works in the museum, around 900 of which are exhibited and the others will be periodically exhibited after undergoing specialized tasks such as: documentations, reparations and label identifications.
Considering the amount of donated works and ever increasing number of interested visitors toward the shrine's museum, the second phase of the project is put on the agenda and some dedicated items are going to be exhibited. This museum is considered as the biggest museum of its kind in Fars province and visitors are welcomed daily from 8 A.M to 9 P.M.